The Best 3 Portable DVD Players for Kids
Paul's passion for technology and digital media goes back over 30 years. Born in the UK, he now lives in the US.
In my experience, the arrival of portable DVD player technology has been a tremendous blessing for parents and children alike.
As well as playing discs, machines nowadays usually have many other features too, providing even more entertainment options.
There are many advantages to having a player for your kids, but here's a few of the main ones:
- Long journeys by car, train, or airplane dont seem quite so bad for a youngster when they can occupy themselves by watching one or more of their favorite movies or TV shows, or listening to audio stored on a disc. Some players can be used for playing games too.
- The players can also be used in the home, as well as on the move, or when staying with friends or relatives in fact, the beauty of their portability is that they can be used more or less anywhere.
- The players don't usually need to rely on a power source, or an internet connection, so can keep the kids reliably entertained without interruption (at least until the batteries need recharging!)
- Unlike a tablet, there's no danger of the player losing the signal when you are on the road, or in the air.
- Adults can also use the portable players to watch movies or utilize the other features.
Top 3 Portable DVD Players for Kids
Here are my selections.
- The FUNAVO ": Cute and Affordable
- The UEME 9": Lightweight and Versatile
- The DBPOWER ": Durable and Easy
I will explain my experiences and the reasons for my selections below.
The FUNAVO ": Cute and Affordable
I bought a FUNAVO " player six months ago for my daughter. She loves it and I'm a big fan too. There was a choice of pink or blue, I bought her the pink.
Below are my pros and cons for the FUNAVO.
- The battery lasts about four or five hours before it needs recharging, in my experience. When it runs low, I can power it using the car adapter when on the road.
- The player came with cute matching headphones and carry case.
- inches is a good size for a screen: big enough to watch movies, but small enough to be portable.
- There is an option for two players to connect together, so that two kids can watch the same movie.
- You can connect it to a TV if the kids want to watch something on the big screen.
- The machine was reasonably affordable to buy, I bought it online for just under $
- Headphones are fine for a kid, but they're not high quality. I used a pair of my own when I borrowed the player.
The UEME 9": Lightweight and Versatile
I bought a UEME 9" player for my young niece to use. I had a good chance to check it out when she was over for a visit. It has a larger screen than some other players which makes for good for viewing.
Here are my pros and cons for the UEME 9".
- You can buy it bundled with a car headrest mount, which is one of the main reasons I bought this model. The screen can be rotated and flipped so that it's like a tablet then inserted into the mount holder
- The picture and sound quality are great.
- It looks cute, the little girl loves it. (There was a choice of four different colors, I got her the pink).
- It has a remote control, which can be very useful.
- It plays a wide range of video and audio file types.
- She can use the buttons on the machine okay, but the remote is too complicated for a young child.
The DBPOWER ": Durable and Easy
The DBPOWER " is my favorite portable DVD player for kids out of the three I've listed. I bought one of these machines for my nephew when he was traveling over with my brother for a Christmas visit. I got to check it out for myself when traveling on a few day trips with him and liked it a lot. There'a a blue and a pink version, I got him the blue.
My pros and cons for the DBPOWER ".
- The rechargeable lithium battery gives the DBPOWER around 5 hours of playing time when fully charged, which is plenty in my opinion, and when it runs down, you can power the player with a car charger or AC adapter.
- The swivel screen is easy to work and it's easy to attach to a car headrest (I had to buy a separate mount).
- The player has a break-point memory function, so it remembers where you left off the last time the movie was played.
- There's a remote, which is cool.
- An affordable option, I bought my DBPOWER for under $60 online.
- It's been dropped a few times and it still works fine.
- There's AV output, so the player can be connected to TV and used like a regular machine to watch movies on the big screen.
- You can connect two players together so that a couple of machines can play the same movie at the same time, which is a great feature for either a couple of kids, or a parent and a kid.
- There's a few different color options, so you can buy your child one they like, or different colors for different kids.
- The volume of this player goes very loud. Definitely worth investing in some headphones if you're in a small car.
5 Fascinating Facts About DVD Discs
- The DVD-R format was created in by Pioneer.
- The very first DVDs held GB of data. This later was expanded to GB. A dual version of the disc was later developed in , these discs held up to GB.
- Despite being the same size physically, a standard DVD disc holds 13 times as much data as a CD.
- A single sided DVD disc, at a bit rate of Mbs, can hold up to minutes of good quality video and audio, allowing it to record and play most movies. Dual layer discs can supply as much as 4 hours of playback.
- Unlike VCR tapes, DVD discs are not damaged by magnetic fields, and they do not fade or lose quality over time.
The First DVD Players
The DVD specification was publicly announced in , but production and sale of machines for public use was held up due to arguments over copyright production.
DVD players first became available for the public to buy in November Sales were limited to Japan initially. In March of the following year, distribution was extended to the USA but restricted to just seven US cities for the first months
The first players were sold for $ plus, but prices dropped quickly and by the end of the year , consumers could buy a machine for less than $ By , players could be purchased for under $50, making them available to virtually every household.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the authors knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© Paul Goodman
James Banda on July 01,
Can i have quotation for twenty unities
9 Inch Portable DVD Player Pink Birthday Gift for Girls and Children,Portable DVD player with Swivel Screen, USB and Card Slot
Improved Battery Performance
Leave the power wires at home. With this improved battery, we extend the play time to 3 hours. So now you won't have to worry about losing battery power whilst watching a movie.
Your Home Cinema always with YouÂ
Our Portable DVD Player has a built-in USB port that allows you to enjoy your favorite movies while travelling, camping, sightseeing and so on.Â
Supports Multiple Modes and Formats
Thanks to a built-in USB port and SD card reader, you can enjoy your digital movies and MP3 files directly from a USB flash drive or SD card.
Disc Formats: CD, DVD, DVD + R(-R), DVD + RW(-RW), VCD, SVCD-R(RW), CD -R(RW)
Video File Formats: VOB, AVI, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, XVID
Audio File Formats: MP3, WMA
Image File Format: JPEG
Perfect for Road Trips
The screen swivels and rotates degrees for easy visibility. You can get a perfect view in the backseat of the car or use it like a tablet screen for outdoors.
Even when traveling on a gravel road, the Shock Resistance function will secure your film viewing pleasure.
We believe in our products. That's why we back them all with a month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
What You Get:
1x FENGJIDA " portable DVD player
1x AV cable
1x Remote controller
1x Power adapter
1x Car Charger
1x User manual
- Low income housing cadillac mi
- Chainsaw chain brake not working
- Une pool schedule
- Nylon compression fittings
- Pink gummy vitamins
Portable DVD players for kids have become a blessing for parents who travel a lot and have young kids who want to be engaged while traveling. There are several options available when it comes to portable DVD players. In this MomJunction post, we bring a list of the 14 best portable DVD player for kids.
14 Best Portable DVD Player For Kids
1. DR. J ″ Portable DVD Player
Dr. J ” Portable DVD Player has a five-hour battery life powered by a 3, mAh high capacity rechargeable lithium battery. It includes a ft car and AC adapter to give you a theatre-like experience. The swivel screen is an added advantage as it gives a degree rotation and degree flip function for an excellent viewing experience.
- Great picture quality
- Ability to read SD card and Flash drive
- Would not work after one DVD
- Volume is very low
- Battery life is not good
Shop Related Products:
2. ieGeek ″ Portable DVD Player
ieGeek ” Portable DVD Player comes with 3, mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last for up to five hours. It has a swivel screen, ft car, and AC adaptor and has broad compatibility with multimedia. For road trips, it can also be attached to a car headrest.
- It has a break-point memory function. Can pick up from where you left
- supports almost any DVD-R or DVD+R recorded format
- Screen can rotate and become foldable, making it a compact device
- Built-in speakers are too noisy
- Dimensions not as mentioned
- Does not last long
Shop Related Products:
3. FUNAVO ″ Portable DVD Player
It comes with a rechargeable lithium battery with a capacity of 2, mAh. The DVD player can last for up to three to five hours of playback. It can be powered by a car charger or AC adapter, allowing use for a longer time. The Funavo ″ Portable DVD player also has an AV input to connect to a TV to enjoy movies on a big screen too.
- Comes with good quality headphones
- Handy for long drives
- Clear image and crisp sound quality
- Battery drains fast
- Takes long for DVD to load
- Needs to be kept plugged in
Shop Related Products:
4. APEMAN ” Portable DVD Player For Kids
The APEMAN inch portable DVD Player is easy to operate with its high-quality control panel. The wall charger, car charger, and the three-in-one cable are unique features of the APEMAN DVD Player. The Swivel screen also adds up to the popularity of this DVD player. It has a Game USB for joysticks that provides extra gaming entertainment.
- Just the right screen size with good picture quality
- Lightweight and easy to travel with
- Remote comes with many functions
- Compatibility issues
- Can cause scratches on DVD
- Quality not long-lasting
Shop Related Products:
5. eXuby ″ Portable DVD Player
eXuby offers a valuable portable DVD player for kids. The size makes it is easy to carry in bags along with all necessary accessories. It has a nine-foot long car charger cable that can allow you to charge the player anytime, anywhere. This portable DVD player is perfect for kids with features like rotating LCD screens and the compact design.
- Built-in speakers
- Lightweight and easy for kids
- Poor screen resolution
- Makes noise while playing the DVD
- Buttons press themselves on folding
Shop Related Products:
6. UEME Portable DVD Player
The UEME portable DVD player for kids has a high-resolution screen. This is a battery-operated DVD player that can last up to five hours. It has a unique handsfree feature, which makes it convenient to operate.
- Swiveling LCD screen
- Can be used anywhere; versatile
- Clear, loud voice
- Low quality built
- Noisy when DVD is playing
- Screen not sturdy
7. ZESTYI 11″ Portable DVD Player For Kids
ZESTYI Portable DVD player for kids is an easy to mount, durable, and versatile product. The headrest has two straps to support it on the car headrest, while the rechargeable battery lets you watch movies for up to three to five hours. This is a perfect DVD player to enjoy road trips.
- Last memory function
- Swivel screen
- Built-in three hours rechargeable battery
- Not a stable product
- Remote does not work properly
- Screen display not sharp
8. SUNPIN 11″ Portable DVD Player For Kids
The SUNPIN portable DVD player for kids has a mAh rechargeable polymer lithium battery that plays movies for up to five to six hours on a single charge. The LCD screen is adequately bright, and the double earphone jacks are a useful feature.
- Easy compatibility with car
- Charge lasts for eight hours and more
- Double ear jacks give good sound quality
- Discs do not read properly
- Not stable with climatic conditions
- Poor picture quality
9. Ematic Portable DVD Player
The seveb-inch LCD display and the swivel screen give an optimum viewing experience in the Ematic Portable DVD player for kids. Also, the full stereo sound with the built-in speaker provides a good surround sound experience.
- Younger kids can operate easily
- Swivel screen is an advantage
- Product offers good colors
- Very loud
- No ACDC power port; only USB port
- Skips movies every 20 minutes
SUNPIN Portable DVD Player ″ For Kids
This DVD player is a great companion for road trips and vacations. You can sync movies on the large screen, and it supports almost all playing formats. The battery life is up to five hours with the LI-polymer rechargeable battery. It comes with AV cable, remote control, and a mounting case.
- Supports HD cards and USB
- Clear picture quality
- Sturdy, durable
- Freezes sometimes
- Skips DVDs
- Does not work in every region
Whew ″ Portable DVD Player For Kids
This inch portable Kid’s DVD player by Whew attracts with its good screen quality. The screen allows viewing from an oblique direction, thus protecting eyesight. It plays DVDs from six regions and also supports multiple DVD formats, including DVD-R and DVD-RW.
- Dual headphone jack
- Swivel screen
- Buttons are labeled and easy to use
- Speakers not up to the mark
- Sound splits within the earphones
- Skips DVDs
APEMAN ” Portable DVD Player
It is an easy to use DVD player with a swivel screen, and equipped with three in one cable to connect to a TV or other large screen players. It even supports all multimedia formats while the battery lasts for up to five hours. This DVD player for kids becomes a good choice for travel cross countries.
- Suitable for car travel
- Supports gaming
- Supports TV play
- Remote does not work
- Low volume even on maximum
- Charger not stable
UEME Mini DVD Player for Kids
A remote-controlled DVD player, the UEME Mini DVD player for kids is easy to use and also light weight. The built-in rechargeable lithium battery keeps the DVD player playing movies for about three to five hours.
- Has last memory function
- Compatible with all headphones
- Very small and compatible
- Poor battery life
- Remote control does not work well
- Buttons not soft on remote
COOAU Portable DVD Player
This portable DVD player supports all multimedia files and has an ‘eye-protective’ viewing screen. It also comes with a joystick and professional audio system for great sound quality.
- Has pre-loaded games for kids
- Optimum sized screen
- Kids cannot use the swivel screen feature
- Does not read discs properly
- Poor quality pieces used
Safety Tips For DVD Player Use
- Make sure you buy DVD players that do not use low-quality materials that would burn or release harmful chemicals.
- The audio should be optimum for kids. Loud volume can damage hearing.
- If the screen is not tough, it might break and cause injuries to kids. Buy products with tough glass on the screen.
Portable DVD Player Buying Guide
Keep the following points in mind while buying a portable DVD player for your children.
- Type of DVD player: Are you going on a flight? Or is it going to be a car journey? For flight journeys, choose the ones that can rest on your lap easily. For car journeys, select players that can be portable enough to become a screen on your card headrest.
- Dimensions: The size of the DVD player will depend on its purpose. If you want to carry it from room to room in your house, buy a portable DVD player which your kids can carry easily. Choose bulky screens if the DVD player will be mostly placed at a single spot.
- Frequent flyer?: If you fly a lot with your children, then buy them a small player. It will be easy to carry and handle by kids. Also, it is convenient when you are putting off things in the tray at the airport security.
- Media usage: If you are a fan of many languages, choose a player that will allow you to play DVDs from various regions. If the child consumes media from other sources, then pick a DVD player with a USB port and multiple file format support.
- Battery performance: Battery life is a major consideration. The longer the child watches movies, the higher should be the batter life.
- Maximum connectivity: Buy players that can connect to your television at home or other media devices for getting maximum benefits out of your portable DVD player.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age can my kid start using the DVD player?
Children often begin to understand entertainment at the age of five. Therefore, you can consider introducing a DVD player around the age of five years.
2. Will DVD players affect the eyesight of my kid?
Watching for prolonged hours or watching from a close distance can affect the eyesight of a kid.
Kids love entertainment when on an outing or a ride or while flying. There are a lot of portable kids DVD players in the market to choose from to keep your kids engaged and happy during journeys. Just make sure your kids remain safe with their gadgets and use them appropriately.
Player girls dvd for
.How to Play DVDs on Windows 10 for free!
- 3ds screen repair
- Samsung account app
- Therapy materials vault
- Ap argument essay outline
- Boat seat ideas
- 4x4 field fence
- Hidemyass proxy browser
- Food wholesale stores
- Nesting days shirt
- Infant optics dxr 6
- Mike douglas songs
- The craftroom abq
- Giggle car seat